The Cove at Tavares Guide for COVID-19
The Cove at Tavares is staying proactive in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are making efforts to prevent the virus from entering our facility due to the impact it would have on our residents. We have put procedures in place as recommended by the CDC, Department of Health, APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology), and AHCA (American Health Care Association.)
From Our Family to Yours
During this time of uncertainty, we would like to provide you with peace of mind. If you would like to learn more about our facility, our procedures, and plans, please do not hesitate to contact us.
At this time, we have implemented the following protocols and precautionary measures:
- Closely monitoring the health of our residents and caretakers.
- Expanded our cleaning and sanitization schedules, especially in high contact areas.
- Encouraged “window visits”, phone calls, and utilize video calling tools to connect residents with their families.
- Limited consultant access to only essential healthcare personnel.
- Provided education to Employees, Consultants, and Residents.
- Introduced r-zero Hospital Grade UV-C Disinfection to kill 99.99% of pathogens including the coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the plan at The Cove at Tavares to protect residents from COVID-19?
A. We have built an internal response plan based on guidelines provided by the CDC for Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facilities. The response plan includes:
- Monitoring, identifying and managing ill residents.
- Considerations for visitors and consultant staff.
- Supplies and resources.
- Sick leave policies and other occupational health considerations.
- Education & training for employees, consultants, and residents.
Q.What other measures is The Cove at Tavares taking?
A. Per guidance from the CDC and in an abundance of caution, we have placed the following guidelines into place effective immediately.
- Restrict all visitations except for certain compassionate care situations.
- Restrict all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (barbers, etc.)
- Cancel all group activities and communal dining.
- Implement active screening of residents and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Remind residents and employees to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
Q. What happens if there is a diagnosis at The Cove at Tavares?
A. If we find that a resident, employee or third party contractor has tested positive for COVID-19, residents and emergency contacts will be notified.
Q. How does the testing process work in your state?
A. We are closely following recommendations for testing based on the guidelines provided by our State.
FL – https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
Q. How can I visit or see my loved one?
A. Due to the unprecedented circumstances, we will not be allowing visitors during this time, with the exception of certain compassionate care situations. We are encouraging window visits, and virtual visits via FaceTime, Skype and other video calling tools to help prevent social isolation and loneliness. Our Facility is currently able to assist with the following tools:
- How to use FaceTime – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380
- How to use Skype – https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/how-do-i-get-started-with-skype
Q. Is The Cove at Tavares currently conducting tours and accepting move-ins?
A. At this time, we are not conducting tours. If you would like to set up a phone appointment to discuss options for a new resident, please contact our Administrator.
We are accepting move-ins at this time, unless we are advised to implement new move-in procedures by public health officials.
Other Questions and Resources:
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
How does the virus spread?
What are the necessary precautions for at-risk and older adults?:
What are the rules and mandates currently in my state?
Florida – https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/businesses/
What steps can we take to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Virus?
Stay Up to Date With The Cove
- Follow us on The Cove at Tavares Facebook Page for Updates
- Visit our “News” portion of our website for general information and updates.
The Cove at Tavares is continuing to closely monitor recommendations from the CDC and will act quickly and accordingly to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. We thank you all for your patience, support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Please Note. This page was last updated 4/14/2020. We will continue to monitor and make changes based on recommendations of the state and CDC. This page may not reflect all actions taken by the Facility.